08 Jul Rega’s new Planar range of Turntables is here!
Rega’s talented design team has spent two years re-engineering the incredibly successful RP range.
The phenomenally famous ‘Planar’ name is reborn.
The Planar 1, 2 , 3 and 6 feature major engineering breakthroughs:
- new bespoke, zero play bearings
- automatic bias arms for the Planar 1 and 2, which makes set up a breeze
- 24V, low noise motors and power supplies
The Planar 3 has been extensively reworked.
- Plinth – High gloss acrylic, laminated plinth, stiffer and vastly improved appearance, ergonomically positioned power switch.Two plinth finishes at launch: gloss black & gloss white
- Double braces – Improved thicker 3mm phenolic bottom brace and new metalised skin phenolic top brace.
- Bearing housing – Re-designed brass main hub central bearing, improved fit and construction reducing stress on the bearing itself.
- Sub platter – Re-designed sub platter, improved accuracy and improved stiffness.
- Platter – New float glass ‘Optiwhite’ polished rim 12mm – Improved accuracy in manufacture and stunning looks.
- Re-designed foot – New improved foot to increase stability and reduce vibration transfer.
- 24V motor – Improved new motor control PCB with integration for the addition of TT-PSU for electronic speed change and improved advanced anti-vibration circuit (sold separately).
- Motor cover tray with integrated cooling.
The Planar 3 features the new RB330 tonearm, designed using the latest 3D CAD & CAM technology. Available with optional Rega Elys 2 Cartridge. Planar 2 is fitted with a Rega Carbon Cartridge and the new RB220 tonearm which is packed with groundbreaking new features. Planar One is easy to set up and use – it’s considered an entry-level turntable, yet the only thing “entry-level” is the price!
All available in Gloss Black and Gloss White. In stock now.